These words of wisdom are extracts from Robin Sharma, Dr. John F. Demartini and some other books and seminars I have read. Enjoy them.
- The best way to learn is to teach.
- Your life is a treasure and you are so much more than you know.
- We receive life not from what we want but who we are.
- Courage is not the absence of fear but the willingness to walk through your fear in pursuit of a goal that is important to you.
- Your life can be made even better by the things that break your heart.
- The greatest treasures are the treasures that lie within.
- Success is important but significance is even better.
- Have your beautiful things but do not be imprisoned by them. Own them but do not let them own you. Give the main aim of your life over to far more important pursuits such as discovery of your highest potential, giving of yourself to others, and making a difference by living for something more important than yourself. Success is fine but significance is the real name of the game.
- Things are never as bad as they seem. The situation that causes us sorrow are the same ones that introduce us to the strength, power and wisdom we truly are.
- Feelings are the doorways into your soul and they must be acknowledged and then felt to completion. Feelings carry important information and serve to foster your self-relationship if explored fully.
- As your awareness expands, you will become aware of things you previously could neither see nor understand.
- Your life will work much better once you begin to listen to life. Let it lead you rather than trying to push the river. And trust that where life carries you is exactly where you are meant to be. Let go of all your resistance and move into a posture of surrendering to whatever is unfolding.
- It’s hard to believe we live in a world where most people are more concerned with following the crowd and doing what everyone else is doing than living their dreams.
- One of the greatest regrets a person can ever have is getting to the end of their lives and realizing they did not do their dreams.
- There is but one failure in life and that is the failure to participate.
- The past is a grave and it makes no sense to spend your life living in a grave. Every ending represents a new beginning. You cannot move forward in life if you are stuck looking in the rear view mirror.
- Big risks, big life. Small risk, small life.
- No one discovers their destiny. Your destiny will discover you – it will find you, provided you have done the preparation and inner work required to seize the opportunity when it presents itself.
- Spend time to know yourself. Tear down the facade you show the world. Get to know your deepest and truest values. Get to know your preferences and priorities.
- Someone gave us our fears. We were born fearless.
- Who you are in this moment is not who you truly are. Rather, it’s someone you’re become as a result of being in this world.
- Every year I live I am more convinced that the waste of life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used, the selfish prudence that will risk nothing, and which, shirking pain, missed happiness as well. No one ever yet was poorer in the long run having once in a lifetime “let out all the length of the reins”.
- Personal transformation is not a race, sometimes the harder you try to change, the longer it takes.
- Life is like a thriller, half the fun is not knowing what’s going to happen.
- Life is so fluid. Everything’s always changing. The way you think it’s going to unfold is not the way it’s going to unfold. That’s the fun of the whole exercise. That’s also the gift. Hold on to your plans and goals with a loose grip.
- Selfless service is the rent I pay for living on this wonderful world.
- You are here not merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget that errand.
- Just imagine that the purpose of life is your happiness only- then life becomes a cruel and senseless thing. You have to embrace the wisdom of humanity. Your intellect and your heart tell you that the meaning of life is to serve the force that sent you into the world. The life becomes a joy.
- Money is the unintended yet inevitable byproduct of a life spent helping others get what they want. Money is nothing more than payment rendered by the universe in return for the value you have added to others, As you sow, so shall you reap.
- Once you connect with some kind of higher purpose and main aim in your life, there will be a corresponding release of passion and energy in your life. The secret of generating extraordinary levels of passion in your life is to discover your larger purpose.
- Fix your course to a star and you can navigate any storm.
- Do your best – the very best that you know how to do in every dimension of your life – and then let life do the rest. It’s really a delicate balance between making it happen and letting it happen. Once you’ve done your absolute best, let go and trust that whatever comes is perfectly suited for the growth you need to evolve into your best self.
- When you set big goals and chase big dreams, you are engaging in a hugely creative act. You are using your imagination and your abilities to build something wonderful. That’s creativity in action.
- We see the world "not as it is" but "as we are".
- It is time to come to your senses. You are to live and to learn to laugh. You are to learn to listen to the cursed radio music of life and to reverence the spirit behind it and to laugh at its distortions. So there you are. Nothing more will be asked of you.
- Living a lie. What things will I not tolerate in my life. The stage of self betrayal.
- The choice point. Continue to live as you have always been living – and in doing so, resign yourself to a life of unhappiness and mediocrity – or step up to your biggest life. The soul would rather fail at its own life than to succeed at someone else’s. Nothing’s more important than the bravery to live your life. The stage of releasing control and breaking your chains.
- Awareness of wonder and possibility. You see with a new set of eyes. You see more of the truth than you have ever seen before. You begin to understand that the world wants you to win and that it is a place of great abundance, opportunity and majesty. People at their core are good, it’s because of the hurts that life has visited on them that they do bad things. The stage of seeing with new eyes.
- Instruction from masters. Confusion always gives rise to clarity over time. Beginning of real wisdom is the stage of learning, filing and preparation.
- Transformation and rebirth. Biggest self starts to present itself on a daily basis and your entire world begins to change The stage of emptying and refilling.
- The trial. The stage of testing and confirmation.
- The great awakening to self. The stage of fearlessness.
On your deathbed, the only person you’ll have to answer is the person you look at in the mirror every morning. You’d better be true to him.
The 5 Daily Devotions
- Devote yourself to rising at 6:00AM each and every morning. Those who get up early are those who get the best from life.
- Devote yourself to setting aside the first 60 minutes of your day as your HOLY Hour. This is your sacred time to do the inner work required to help you become your best. Use this period to read from the wisdom literature, to meditate or pray, to reflect on the state of your life and the progress of your dreams in your journey, or to think deeply about what must unfold over the coming hours of the day in order for you to feel it was a successful one. Performing this ritual daily will help you to shine brightly in the world and live at your highest.
- Devote yourself to displaying a standard of care, compassion, and character well beyond what anyone could ever imagine from you. In doing so, you will be doing your part to aid in the building of a new world.
- Devote yourself to displaying a standard of excellence at work far higher than anyone would ever expect from you. Abundance and fulfillment will flow back to you.
- Devote yourself to being the most loving person you know and thinking, feeling, and acting as though you are one of the greatest people on the planet (because you are). Your life will never be the same and you will bless many lives.
By taking personal responsibility for what went on within me and by getting to know myself and the root causes of my negative reactions, I could literally minimize recycling in my life.
Most people give up just steps before reaching their goals. Most people quit only steps away from getting everything they wanted.
Rules for winning trials
- Remember that life is a series of seasons. Every human being will have to endure the harshness of a few winters in order to get to the glory of the best summers. Never forget that winters do not last.
- Join the Hope Club. Big, beautiful, and seemingly impossible goals are superb vehicles to keep you inspired as you walk through adversity. Fix your course to a star and you can navigate any storm. When you are reaching for great and noble goals that speak to the best within you, your desire to reach them will pull you through the tough times that you will encounter along the seeker’s path.
- Keep in mind, at all times, that we grow the most from our sufferings. As we go through it, it hurts. But as we move through it, it also heals. When a jug of water falls to the floor and cracks, what was hidden within begins to pour out. When life sends you one of its curves, remember that it has to help crack you open so that all the love, power and potential that had been slumbering within you can be poured into the world outside you. And, like a fractured bone, we do become stronger in the broken places.
- Failure is a choice. Nothing can stop a man or a woman who simply refuses to be kept down. The book, "The GoGetter" will be very helpful on this point. Read it often. Just make a decision from the center of your heart that, no matter what happens to you, you will keep walking the authentic path. Doing so will ensue you a life of real success.
- During tough times, there is a tendency to let go of yourself. As you encounter adversity, have the discipline to maintain your routine. Get up early. Do your holy hour. Eat very well. Exercise, Spend time with nature and make sure you do all you can to keep all four of your central dimensions – the mind, the body, the emotions, and the spirit – in fine operating order.
- Feel your feelings. When you are facing hard times, some people will tell you to “just think positive thoughts”. Such advice is not helpful. The key is to strike a balance. Experience the feeling that arise so you do not end up swallowing them and allowing them to fester. As the same time, use your intellectual powers to see the silver lining that every dark cloud brings.
- Remember that, no matter how hard things get, you are never alone.